Volunteers are an important aspect of the Bob Hope Theatre. There are many opportunities to help the Theatre and a variety of events and times. All persons age 18 and older are welcome to participate in our volunteer program.
All volunteers are required to fill out the Volunteer Application form and will be contacted to participate in a training session. Training sessions are held once a month and attendance is required before volunteers can begin. This volunteer position reports to the Usher Supervisor and House Manager.
- Standing for long periods of time (up to 4 hours)
What do Theatre Volunteers do?
- Carry out all Bob Hope Theatre policies
- Take tickets
- Hand out programs and other printed materials
- Usher patrons to their assigned seats
- Prevent food and drinks from being taken into the auditorium (Bottled water is the only exeption)
- Be alert for any disturbance or emergency
- Direct patrons to the restrooms
- Be knowledgeable of emergency evacuation proceedures
- Perform a light clean up after the show
- Take the extra step to provide excellent customer service
- Assist as needed with special events
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn all aspects of your position
- Follow instructions from the House Manager
- Four (4) hours per month, based on one show (approximately 4 hours)
- Events are typically scheduled Thursday through Sunday
- Attendance at orientation training is required
- Remember: You are volunteering to serve the needs of Bob Hope Theatre patrons. If you wish to watch a particular performance, you should purchase a ticket to ensure you enjoy the entire performance
- Volunteers will need to provide their own uniform consisting of a white shirt, black pants or skirt and comfortable black shoes
- Volunteers will also need to provide their own flashlight
- A sense of pride in being involved with the community
- Social networking opportunities
- Enjoy the benefits of teamwork
If you are able to manage the above requirements, we welcome your assistance. Our volunteers' contribution of time and energy are a vital aspect in the operations of the Bob Hope Theater, and help to provide our patrons with a positive theatre experience.
Contact the House Manager for an application at: email@example.com